FOLLOW ME ON:

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chapter 22 When Life Repays You

Disclaimer: This fanfic is not mine, it's from the author I admire most,http://cosmic-celestia.livejournal.com/8957.html. Thanks for this wonderful fanfic. I copied and pasted it here in my blog so it is easier to load on my iPhone, because my iPhone reallly hates WiFi.
---
Warning! This chapter contains violence, reader discretion is advised. If you feel uncomfortable with this, don't read past the leaving the hospital part and go straight to the end. Just a little opinion from me: you might be very happy with the violence in this chapter.

When Life Repays You

To put it bluntly, Kyuhyun was scared. It had been an hour since Sungmin had been taken into the emergency room. He wanted to see Sungmin.

He was pale and shaking and Eeteuk could see that he was this close from having a breakdown. What he didn’t understand was why. He understood that Kyuhyun and Sungmin were friends but to that extent? He didn’t get it. There was something that he was missing but he couldn’t place his finger on it.

“I hope, Sungmin-hyung will be okay,” Ryeowook said softly. Yesung kissed the top of his head gently and hugged him from behind.

“Sungmin is strong. He’ll be fine,” Yesung reassured his lover. Kyuhyun swallowed.

He loved Sungmin so, so much. He wasn’t sure what he would do if Sungmin wasn’t okay. Memories of the past month flooded his mind. An hour and a half had gone by. Kyuhyun lapsed into his thoughts.

“Kyuhyun…I like that.”

Kyuhyun smiled as he remembered their first meeting when they had told each other their names. It was a turning point in Kyuhyun’s life. Two hours had passed. Time was running.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do it. Please don’t hurt me.”

He swallowed his tears as he remembered Sungmin’s terrified expression when he thought he had done something wrong. Two hours and five minutes.

“It won’t be like that all the time. You’ll get fall in love, get married, live in a big house and have tons of kids. You won’t be lonely anymore.”

He smiled as he recalled the vision of his future Sungmin saw. He was right. He had fallen in love, he wanted to get married and live in a comfortable home. He didn’t want to be lonely again. Two hours and fifteen minutes. Why was time moving so quickly?

“Kyuhyun-ah? It’s me, Sungmin. I don’t want to be a burden but could you come pick me up?”

“Aren’t you going to punish me?”

Kyuhyun wished he could see Sungmin. He bit his lip and tangled his fingers together and untangled them. What is taking so damn long?Kyuhyun wondered. It had been two and a half hours already. Sungmin wasn’t that badly hurt was he? Fear grew inside Kyuhyun once more. Just how badly was he hurt?

“You shouldn’t worry about me.”

“You’re my soulmate?”

Kyuhyun smiled slightly. Soulmates. The word made him tingle all over. Sungmin was the other half of his soul. How could he live with only half? It had been two hours and forty-five minutes? Why on earth was the time flying by? Something had to be wrong with the clock.

“I had to protect you.”

“Thank you, Kyu. Thank you for taking care of me.”

“If it hadn’t happened, I wouldn’t have met you.”

Kyuhyun was so thankful he had met Sungmin. His hyung was the center of his life now. What were the doctors doing that was taking three hours?

“If I were a flower, what flower would I be?”

“If you’re lucky, maybe I love you too.”

The memories of that night flooded Kyuhyun’s mind. The softness of his hyung’s skin. The flowing movement of their bodies. The longing, the urge to become one being. Kyuhyun needed to see Sungmin now. His heart started beating faster. What was taking so long? And why did it seem so quick at the same time?

“It will hurt no matter what. But I trust you. And I love you, Kyuhyun. So let it happen.”

“I love you too, Kyu!”

One of the emergency doors opened and a doctor with a bloodstained robe came out. Kyuhyun hoped that he was for some other family in the room. The doctor came towards him. He swallowed.

“I knew you would be the one to find me.”

“Kyu…why do you look so worried?”

As the doctor approached, Kyuhyun noticed that he looked grave. His heart flew into his throat. Was Sungmin okay? Kyuhyun didn’t care if Sungmin had to lose a leg or an arm to stay alive, as long as he remained living instead of six feet under.

“It’s not a waste when I talk to you, Kyu. It makes me sad when you look like that.”

“We’re soulmates, Kyu. We’re connected by red thread, remember? No matter what, we’ll always find each other.”

The doctor stopped at their large group. The image of the red-stained robe burned itself into Kyuhyun’s mind. Sungmin’s blood dotted the man’s clothing. Hadn’t he already lost enough?

“Are you with Lee Sungmin?” He asked. They all nodded. Kyuhyun felt like he was about to fall over. The doctor took off his glasses.

“How is he, doctor?” Kyuhyun asked, his voice barely audible.

“We lost Lee Sungmin two minutes ago. I’m sorry, your friend is dead.”

“Kyuhyun-ah, I love you.”

And Kyuhyun’s world shattered and crashed.

“I love you too.”

Kyuhyun didn’t remember what happened after that. He didn’t remember passing out either. All he remembered were those final words and waking up in Eeteuk’s arms. He was lying on the elder’s lap.

“We lost Lee Sungmin two minutes ago. We lost Lee Sungmin two minutes ago. I’m sorry, your friend is dead….friend is dead….dead…”

The words reverberated through Kyuhyun’s brain multiple times. He couldn’t believe it. Only hours ago, Sungmin had been alive and well. Now he was gone. Kyuhyun couldn’t believe it. He didn’t want to believe it.

He felt so utterly sick he wanted to die. Sitting up, he vomited all over the floor, unable to bear the thought of Sungmin’s dead body.

“Someone get him a bucket or something in case he gets sick again.”

Kyuhyun vaguely heard Eeteuk ordering someone around. He felt faint.

“Your friend is dead….your friend is dead….your friend is dead…dead….”

He wasn’t my friend. He was my lover, he was my soulmate. And I love him. So, so much. Sungmin, you weren’t supposed to leave me. We were supposed to heal, start over, begin again. I need you, Sungmin. I want you here beside me. Come back. I love you.

A bucket was placed in front of him. He couldn’t help it. He threw up again. He felt as though his heart had been ripped out. He looked up and saw the tearstained face of Ryeowook looking at him. Yesung’s face was buried in his neck and his shoulders were shaking. He looked to the side and saw Kibum standing there, staring at the floor, tears dripping from his eyes.

Donghae and Eunhyuk were crying hard, their arms around one another, sobbing silently. Heechul’s face was white and he was struggling to keep tears back. Hankyung was holding him, his own tears dripping into Heechul’s carefully styled hair. Kangin’s eyes were red and he was holding Eeteuk’s shoulders for support.

Kyuhyun turned around fully to look directly at Eeteuk. His expression was the worst. There was no expression at all but it was obvious that he was grieving deeply. The lost, pained look in his eyes was what really made Kyuhyun understand why Eeteuk looked the way he did.

He was keeping his emotion on the inside and letting none of it show through. Kyuhyun looked at him for a second and then tears streamed down his face. The water flowed from his eyes and he was enclosed in his hyung’s embrace. But not the right hyung.

Wail after wail erupted from his body and he shook with the force of his emotions. It hurt. He hurt badly.

“Why?” Kyuhyun asked, his voice broken. “Why did this have to happen? Why him? Why, why, why?!” Kyuhyun screamed. His cries faded and only the broken sobbing was heard.

”You loved him a lot,” Ryeowook murmured softly.

“He’s my everything. He’s all I want. He’s all I live for. Now what purpose do I have?” Kyuhyun cried.

“You loved Sungmin?” Eeteuk asked, surprised out of his grief.

“I love him more than I love my life, Eeteuk,” Kyuhyun whispered. “Why did it happen?”

Sungmin didn’t deserve to be beaten by Jiwon. He deserved none of what life gave him. And yet he had died. Life had thrown him a curve and he missed it. Because of Jiwon. Jiwon.

Kyuhyun stood up quickly. Ryeowook sat up and the rest of the group turned to look at him.

“Kyuhyun? What’s going on?” Eeteuk asked, standing in front of the smaller man. Kyuhyun stared past him with dark, impassive eyes.

“It’s his fault. He made this happen. Now he’ll pay for it,” Kyuhyun’s voice was cold. Ryeowook shivered. Donghae and Eunhyuk came up from behind. Heechul and Hankyung followed and Kibum raised his head.

“What’s happening?” Kibum asked softly. Eeteuk shrugged.

“I will not let this slip. I will not.”

With those words, Kyuhyun strode past Eeteuk and out of the hospital. The rest of them looked questioningly at each other. Then they all rushed out of the hospital to see what was happening.

“Kyuhyun, what are you doing?” Heechul called. Kyuhyun turned around.

“I’m doing what I should have done a long time ago.”

They watched as the youngest got into his car and started the ignition. They didn’t hesitate as they ran to their own vehicle and piled in.

“Follow him!” Donghae ordered, pointing in the direction that Kyuhyun was going. Eeteuk needed no more encouragement. For the first time in their lives, they were grateful for Eeteuk’s crazy driving. He swerved in and out of cars and through intersections that should not be crossed. They waited in heavy anticipation to see what Kyuhyun was doing.

~₪~₪~₪~₪~

Kyuhyun brought his car to a screeching halt. He opened the door and got out, slamming the door behind him. There was one thought in his mind. He walked up to the building and knocked on the door.

He heard another car drive up and the rest of his friends get out and run to him, asking why he had come here of all places. He heard movement on the other side of the door and it opened. Kyuhyun wasted no time. He punched the elder man in the mouth and Jiwon went flying backwards.

“Kyuhyun, what have you done?!” Eeteuk gasped. He immediately ran inside and checked to see if Jiwon was okay. Ryeowook hurried in as well. Hankyung and Kangin looked at Kyuhyun, confused and Donghae and Eunhyuk wondered what the reasoning behind this was.

Heechul didn’t move. He could see that Kyuhyun had a very good reason for what he just did. Now what remained was to figure out what it was.

“You’ve wondered why Sungmin changed, why he was so different. The reason is because of this piece of filth, this vile bit of humanity that ceases to be so in my mind,” Kyuhyun answered. Kangin grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm to stop him from attacking Jiwon further.

“What are you talking about?” Heechul asked slowly. He was beginning to see what was going on.

“Chung Jiwon isn’t who he says he is. He abused Sungmin for three years. The three years he was missing. He ran away with Sungmin, promising a life of love. But what Sungmin got was abuse. You abused him for the littlest things, didn’t you?” Kyuhyun spat.

“When he displeased you, you hit him. When he called his friends to talk, you beat him half to death. You raped him and hired others to do the same and assault him. All because of your image. And now, you kidnapped him from our home, took him somewhere and tortured him.

“There was a gash, three inches long in his side from a knife. His blood was over everything. You put a collar around his neck and electrocutedhim. You killed him. So tell me, was that punch totally undeserved?” Kyuhyun asked vehemently. He felt Kangin’s hand fall away from his arm.

He heard Eeteuk draw in a breath. Ryeowook backed away from Jiwon. Yesung stared at the fallen man, Hankyung’s eyes were wide. Donghae’s eyes were narrowing and Eunhyuk had moved closer, as if ready to take a chunk out of Jiwon. Kibum was staring at Jiwon, horrified and Heechul was glaring, the tips of his nostrils flaring.

“Is that true?” Ryeowook asked quietly.

“Of course it isn’t. What proof do you have?” Jiwon snarled. Kyuhyun allowed a small smirk to form across his face.

“Those are nice rings, may I see them?” Kyuhyun asked. Eeteuk looked at the rest of the group in confusion. Jiwon on the other hand, was only too happy to show off his wealth. He held the rings out to inspect them.

“Yes, you may. They contain real diamonds,” Jiwon boasted. Kyuhyun smiled.

“One of those real diamonds fell off when you were using them to cut Sungmin’s skin open when you were assaulting him,” Kyuhyun threw a small diamond at Jiwon that he had been carrying since he had found it. “Those mediocre rings are worth more as weapons of torture than actual jewellery. Do you remember the scratches on Sungmin’s face? Those were made by his jewellery.”

“Prove that!”

“I tried it on myself. And got the same result.” Kyuhyun pulled his collar down and a scratch showed, a replica of the three Sungmin had on his neck.

“So?” Jiwon growled. He was still sitting on the floor. By now, all of the others were staring incredulously. Kyuhyun took out a piece of paper.

“And I have this. ‘The tools for torturing Sungmin have been delivered. We’ll take him tomorrow. Thanks for the great equipment, Jiwon. We’ll definitely have fun. From Taekyung’. It would have been better if you had not left such important messages lying around on the front hall table. I saw it just as I was leaving.”

Kyuhyun glared at him. Eeteuk backed away fully and stared at him. Ryeowook was now looking at Jiwon angrily.

“You don’t believe this blasphemy do you?” Jiwon demanded of the others. They just stared at him, unable to comprehend what they had heard.

“It’s obvious. Accept it,” Kyuhyun snarled.

“So what if I did? He deserved it. He’s a slut who sought comfort in other whores when he had me. He deserved what came to him,” Jiwon retorted. Kyuhyun was about to hit him but a hand reached past him and punched Jiwon solidly. Kyuhyun turned and looked, surprised at Kangin.

“You had no right to do that,” Kangin had trouble speaking due to anger. He wanted to kill Jiwon for doing this to his friend.

“I comforted you!” Ryeowook shouted. “I can’t believe that I did that! How could you do something like that to someone?!”

“Calm down, Wookie,” Yesung tried to sedate his lover.

“No, I will not calm down!”

“You made a mistake doing such a vile thing,” Eunhyuk glared at Jiwon. He cracked his knuckles.

“Despicable,” Donghae hissed.

“If I weren’t so revolted by you, I would be punching you right now,” Heechul growled.

Kibum said nothing but glared at Jiwon all the same.

“No one,” a soft voice said. Everyone turned to stare at Eeteuk. “No one does that to my child and gets away with it. I will not allow it.”

“Do you really think you could stop me? Do you honestly think you could take me on?” Jiwon sneered.

“It won’t be only me,” Eeteuk answered. And before anyone could stop him, he had walked forward and punched Jiwon squarely in the jaw. The man flew backwards and crashed into the wall behind him.

Kyuhyun was surprised. He thought Jiwon would put up a bigger fight than this. Still, he didn’t feel remorseful. The group stood there, watching Eeteuk fight with Jiwon. Normally, Eeteuk preached good conduct and kindness but not now. Now, all that had flown out the window.

Eeteuk picked up the male and shoved him into the wall again. He kicked him in the thigh then punched him in the stomach. Jiwon raised his arm to fight back and landed a blow on Eeteuk’s neck. He was about to repeat the action when a hand stopped him. Kangin held Jiwon’s arm in a death grip.

“Nobody hurts my family and doesn’t pay for it,” Kangin growled. He wrenched Jiwon’s arm backwards and bent his wristbone. There was a satisfying snap as the wrist broke. Kibum jumped into the fray and punched Jiwon hard. Blood sprang from his mouth and dribbled down his cheek.

None of them felt sorry. Instead they held tighter. Donghae motioned for Eunhyuk to follow him. They returned with bedsheets tied into forms of rope. They tied Jiwon’s hands together and held him there. Hankyung walked forwards and the look of hatred upon his face was enough to make Jiwon feel slightly scared.

“This is for Sungmin,” the Chinese man spoke in cold tones. He kicked out viciously, employing his martial arts moves in honour of Sungmin whom he had often practiced with. He brought his leg around in a circle and it connected with Jiwon’s head. Black spots speckled his vision as his head twisted sideways.

“You’ve earned that,” Hankyung said. He slammed his fist into the side of Jiwon’s chest and the elder felt one rib crack. Jiwon glared at Hankyung and headbutted him. Heechul immediately retaliated by slapping Jiwon hard.

“No one hits my Hannie! Only I am allowed that privilege,” Heechul snarled. Yesung darted in, eager to get a piece of the one who killed Sungmin. He kicked Jiwon’s torso and his body twisted sideways. Ryeowook was standing a few feet away and Jiwon struck out at him. Yesung saw the danger that Ryeowook was in and blocked the attack with his body.

“Don’t you dare hurt another one I love!” Ryeowook yelled. And all motion ceased. Out of all of the people who had attacked him so far, Ryeowook scared him the most. The cuteness vanished and was replaced by a dangerous grin and he cracked his neck.

Despite Ryeowook’s size, he packed a mean punch. Jiwon felt his collarbone break when the smallest slammed the heel of his hand down. His head was pulled back by his hair as Ryeowook curved his fingers and connected his fingernails to Jiwon’s cheek. Small lines of red welled up.

“Heechul, go call your friend. The police officer. Tell him we’ve got someone he needs to apprehend for murder,” Hankyung instructed. Heechul nodded and ran for the phone.

“Stop it, Ryeowook. Kyuhyun?” Eeteuk, stood aside to reveal a battered Jiwon. What they had done was nothing compared to what Sungmin went through but at least they had given Jiwon a taste of his own medicine. Donghae and Eunhyuk held the ‘ropes’ tightly.

Kyuhyun walked forwards, his stance foreboding. He stood in front of Jiwon and gazed down at him with dead, emotionless eyes.

“Why did you kill Sungmin?”

“Because he was a slut, he went and found company with another whore when he had me! He made me look like a fool! Wouldn’t you have done the same?” Jiwon hissed.

“No. I am the one that Sungmin found. I found him actually. And you took him away from me. If I thought it was remotely possible for you to understand, I would tell you how much I love him. But you could never understand. You’re just a sick, sadistic bastard,” Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes.

“How could you love him? He’s a weak, disgraceful member of humanity and-”

CRACK

Kyuhyun had punched Jiwon in the nose with all the force he could muster and everyone heard his nose break. Blood dripped from Jiwon’s nostrils.

You are the weak disgraceful member of humanity. You don’t deserve to acknowledge Sungmin, you don’t even deserve to say his name. If I could, I would bring you into my nightmare realm. I would bring you into my world of darkness. You extinguished the light. You destroyed the one I love. Now I am nothing because my other half is gone.

“You tore his life from him with your torture. We could never do that to you, only give you a taste of it. We would never be so cruel. I never got to see Sungmin after he died. Now I’m alone and you’re ripped the meaning of existence from me. I want to end your life here and now.

“I would give anything to torture you to death. But I could not do such a thing. Sungmin wouldn’t want me to either…….listen. Do you hear that? That is the sound of the sirens coming to take you to where you belong. Prison. Your first mistake was hitting Sungmin. You will never make that mistake again. Death is the easy way out. You will live with what you’ve done your whole life. Karma’s a bitch,” Kyuhyun said, his voice icy.

A police car zoomed up the driveway and Heechul opened the front door. Two officers jumped out, followed by a third. They marched up to the porch and Heechul led them to Jiwon.

“Here’s the one you’ve been looking for, Yunho,” Heechul pointed. The man named Yunho looked at Jiwon and nodded.

“Yeah, that’s the one. Jaejoong, do you have the cuffs?” Yunho turned to the police officer behind him. The soft, beautiful featured man behind him produced a pair of silver handcuffs from his belt.

“Right here, Yunho!” The one named Jaejoong immediately put the handcuffs on Jiwon’s wrists. The broken wrist made Jiwon wince a little.

“Changmin! You and Jaejoong will escort him to the car. Radio Yoochun and Junsu and tell them to meet us at the station,” Yunho directed. Jaejoong and Changmin nodded and took Jiwon to the police car in the driveway.

“You may want to conduct an extensive search of the house. There are notes and plans lying everywhere,” Eeteuk explained. Then he looked around. Kyuhyun had vanished. Leaving the officer and Heechul to talk, Eeteuk checked the cars. Kyuhyun’s was gone.

~₪~₪~₪~₪~

Kyuhyun opened the door of his apartment and walked in. He almost left, overwhelmed by the memories of the home. He could almost see Sungmin walking around the tiny flat. The feeling of Sungmin lingered in the room.

He walked into the living room and stood there. His plants seemed to lose colour as if they too were mourning for his lover. He realized that he was facing Sungmin’s small garden. The alium and the caper flower were growing. Small points of green just poked through the surface.

Kyuhyun felt his restraint start to break. He become conscious of the fact that the two flowers had been planted at an angle and they were growing towards each other. His vision blurred as tears filled his eyes. He tilted his head back and a droplet of moisture slipped towards his hairline.

He couldn’t stay in this room. He immediately walked to his bedroom. The door was open and he moved inside the room. The flowers were bending, their blooms hanging as if they were bowing in sorrow. Kyuhyun stumbled to the bed.

His fingertips brushed Sungmin’s side of the bed. One of Sungmin’s pink shirts lay across his pillow. Kyuhyun’s heart thudded painfully. He kicked off his shoes and climbed into Sungmin’s side of their bed.

One particular night flooded his thoughts. Sungmin’s soft gasps, his kisses, his responses. The smoothness of his skin, the look in his eyes as Kyuhyun entered him. The trust he had exhibited, the emotions he had felt. The delightful taste of his skin and the utter love that had flowed between them as they became one being.

Sungmin’s sweet scent filled Kyuhyun’s nose. He brought the shirt to him and Sungmin’s presence grew stronger. The last link to his hyung. The images of that night and Sungmin’s heavenly smell caused him to get a slight problem that he was too ashamed and shattered to deal with.

Instead he lay there, all his emotions running through his body. He wondered if Sungmin was afraid. He wondered if Sungmin wanted him there. He felt utterly disgusted with himself when he realized that he never felt Sungmin’s presence leave him. How could he not realize it when the one he loved died? Kyuhyun’s lip trembled. He couldn’t hold the tide of feelings back.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry I wasn’t there. I’m sorry I let this happen, I’m so, so sorry,” Kyuhyun’s sobs exploded from him and soft, broken cries filled the room. He cried for Sungmin, for the rest of their friends and for their love.

But most of all, he cried because Sungmin never got to heal wholly and truly. His life was wrenched from before he really got a chance to be healed. Instead he had died, battered and broken. And this hurt Kyuhyun most of all.

Come back to me, Sungmin. Don’t leave me. I was supposed to heal you. And I failed.

~₪~₪~₪~₪~

No comments:

Post a Comment