FOLLOW ME ON:

Monday, May 31, 2010

Chapter 3 When Life Betrays You

Disclaimer: This fanfic is not mine, it's from the author I admire most,http://cosmic-celestia.livejournal.com/9977.html. Thanks for this wonderful fanfic. I copied and pasted it here in my blog so it is easier to load on my iPhone, because my iPhone reallly hates WiFi.
---
Sungmin was jumping up and down on the sofa like a little kid. The reason for this? He was trying to squish the death threat letter down so that nobody could see the lump it made under the cushions. He was still jumping like this when Kyuhyun walked into the room.

“Minnie? What are you doing?” Kyuhyun asked, watching the elder bounce up and down.


“I’m having fun,” Sungmin answered, his voice slightly breathless as he continued to jump. Kyuhyun smiled at him.


“Well, you’re having fun up there but I’m lonely down here,” Kyuhyun pouted. Sungmin flopped down on the soft cushions after one final bounce. He held his arms out to Kyuhyun who immediately hugged him.


“I’m down here now,” Sungmin murmured. There was a moment of silence as the two of them forgot the rest of the world and thought of only each other.


~₴~≠~₴~≠~


Sungmin was pacing anxiously in front of the door. He had gotten up early that morning and was waiting for the mail to be delivered. He wasn’t sure if there was going to be another letter like the first death threat but it was always good to be sure.


There was a slight click as the mail fell through the flap in the door. Sungmin darted forwards and picked the small mound of letters off the ground. He sorted through them, another one from Ryeowook (Sungmin asked him why he was sending letters and Ryeowook told him he was bored), another from Heechul and Hankyung in China, two bills and one unmarked envelope and one black one.


Sungmin swallowed and opened the unmarked letter first.


Bribe alpaca before f bountiful.


Sungmin thought for a moment. Bribe meant to give money or something to someone in order to get them to do something dishonest. And what was an alpaca? Before meant previously and bountiful meant generous or abundant. And that made no more sense than the letter it came with. Bribe alpacas to be previously generous? So much for cracking the code.


Sungmin put the letter aside and then looked at the black, silver lined letter underneath it. He opened it quickly, wondering what sort of threat this letter would hold.


Still hanging in there bunny? Not long now. You know how the game works, you’ve seen it before. First the letters, then the scare, then the attack and then the kill. And you know who the prey is. After all, don’t rabbits have a multitude of enemies? The fox is coming. Will you run? Will you hide? Or will you fight? Either way, you’re dead.


Sungmin tore his eyes away from the paper and looked around for a place to hide the letter. Underneath the sofa was still a good place. He immediately lifted up one of the cushions and stuffed the letter underneath. He could not let Kyuhyun worry about something like this. He put the unmarked letter on Kyuhyun’s desk to let him try to figure it out.


Sungmin wished he could do more than just hide letters from his husband. He wished he could resolve this issue without trouble. But this was Jiwon’s gang he was dealing with. Was there anything one could possibly do against a group that size and with that amount of power? Sungmin wasn’t sure but he knew that he wouldn’t worry Kyuhyun about it. The younger male didn’t need to be worrying about him all the time.


He put the thoughts of the black letter out of his mind and made breakfast for Kyuhyun before leaving the house for the flower shop. He closed the door and wondered when this attack would come.


~₴~≠~₴~≠~


Kyuhyun was about to leave for work when Jiyong called, telling him that a pipe broke and the first two floors were flooded with water and not to bother coming in to work today unless he wanted wet feet. So Kyuhyun stayed at home.


He debated calling Sungmin at the store but when he did, he got a busy signal. Kyuhyun never realized that staying at home alone could be so boring. He flopped down on the sofa for lack of something better to do and turned on the television.


He watched something that didn’t interest him whatsoever and only served to fill the emptiness of the house and make his boredom grow even more. He started flipping a coin, seeing how high it would go until he dropped it. This entertained him for a while. The coin was being tossed pretty high when a car honking it’s horn startled him and caused him to drop the money. He sat up and saw it disappear between the cracks of the cushions.


He lifted up the cushions on the sofa and began to search for his coin. The tips of his fingers hit something soft and he pulled out two black envelopes and silver paper. They looked fairly recent and Kyuhyun wondered what they were doing underneath the sofa. He unfolded the soft silver material and scanned the words on the page.


The threatening words on the paper towards Sungmin caused Kyuhyun to see red. He was so angry that someone would dare terrorize his husband. He opened the second letter and read that, trying his hardest not to rip the letter to shreds. His anger built up inside of him. He couldn’t believe this.


Sungmin had already gone through so much and now, he was being put through it again. With this thought, he realized that these letters didn’t get under the cushions by mistake. They were obviously put there by someone.


~₴~≠~₴~≠~


Sungmin walked through the door and closed it. He removed his outdoor clothing and looked around for Kyuhyun. It had been a busy day at the shop and he looked forward to relaxing. He walked into the front hall, wondering where Kyuhyun was.


He ambled into the living room and stopped dead when he saw Kyuhyun holding up two folded sheets of silver paper. He had no idea how Kyuhyun had found them but he cursed himself for not finding a better hiding spot. His brain seemed to slow down and shut off at the appearance of those two letters in Kyuhyun’s hand. He couldn’t think of a good explanation on the spot and he wasn’t sure if he could explain it anyways.


“Sungmin, what are these?” Kyuhyun asked, his tone soft.


“Those are…..” Sungmin trailed off, unable to come up with a reasonable explanation.


“I know what they are, I read them. Why didn’t you tell me about them?”


“I….was….” Sungmin tried to speak. He didn’t want Kyuhyun to know about this. It was supposed to be his knowledge alone. So why was Kyuhyun holding the letters? Why hadn’t he thought of a better hiding spot?


“Do you know how much it hurts to know that your own husband has kept something from you? That he hasn’t trusted you enough?” Kyuhyun asked, his voice shaking.


“I didn’t….”


“Why didn’t you tell me about this? To find out that someone has been threatening you this way makes me feel sick! And even sicker because I didn’t know about it!”


“I didn’t want you to worry about me! You’ve done so much for me already, you took care of me when….he…was abusing me, you comforted me when I was hurting and I didn’t want you to have to worry anymore,” Sungmin was finally able to explain.


“Sungmin, when I asked you to share your life with me, I meant everything. I want to worry about you! I want to know what’s going on so I can protect you. But how can I do that when you don’t trust me enough to do so?”

“I do trust you but you’ve worried about me too often. You shouldn’t have to.”

“And why not? What if I want to? What if I need to? What if I love you so much that if anything were to happen to you, I would die?” Kyuhyun walked closer to Sungmin and tilted his head up to look into his eyes.


“Kyuhyun…..I didn’t want you to worry anymore. It hurts to know that I’m causing you all that worry. So I didn’t think you’d need….”

“But I do need it, Sungmin. I need it so much. I’m a very nosy person. I need to know that you’re safe. I need to know that you’re okay. I need to make sure that you won’t be hurt. When you moved in with me, I swore that you wouldn’t be abused ever again. I swore that I wouldn’t let anything hurt you,” Kyuhyun whispered.

Sungmin’s eyes filled with tears. He had been wrong to hide the letters. He should have shown them to Kyuhyun right away.


“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to cause you so much anguish. I just wanted you to be worry free for a while. You deserve a break,” Sungmin replied.


“I love you so much, Minnie. So, so much. So please, don’t keep anything from me. I couldn’t stand it if you were to be hurt and I didn’t know about it in advance in order to keep you safe. You’ve been through this once before. You should never have to go through it again,” Kyuhyun hugged Sungmin tightly.


“I love you too, Kyu,” Sungmin murmured. His voice was slightly muffled but Kyuhyun understood what his hyung was saying. He held Sungmin tighter and nuzzled gently into the crook of his neck.


“Don’t hide from me, Minnie,” Kyuhyun felt a few tears slip from his eyes. Sungmin felt the moisture on his shirt and he felt his heart break. He hadn’t mean to cause Kyuhyun so much anguish.


“I won’t hide from you. I swear,” Sungmin promised. Kyuhyun pulled back and smiled. He kissed his hyung gently and then continued to hold him. Sungmin breathed out shakily. He never wanted to hide anything from Kyuhyun again.


~₴~≠~₴~≠~

No comments:

Post a Comment