FOLLOW ME ON:

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chapter 24/24 FINALE When Life Repays You

Disclaimer: This fanfic is not mine, it's from the author I admire most,http://cosmic-celestia.livejournal.com/9977.html. Thanks for this wonderful fanfic. I copied and pasted it here in my blog so it is easier to load on my iPhone, because my iPhone reallly hates WiFi.
---

When Life Repays You - Epilogue

“Will someone get me more water?” Heechul demanded. Hankyung took it upon himself to get Heechul his drink and left the room. Eeteuk patted Sungmin’s head gently. Then he sat down with Sungmin on the sofa.

“Listen, Minnie-baby, it’s not Kyuhyun’s fault. It just happened okay? There’s nothing that we can do now and it’s best if you let it remain like this,” Eeteuk said, trying to console Sungmin.

“I hate him for this!” Sungmin yelled.

“So I’ve heard but what can you do now? It’s happened. You know Kyuhyun will be heartbroken if you leave him,” Eeteuk replied patiently.

“Well, if Hannie ever did something like that to me, I would castrate him and make him wait on me and answer to my every call and have him do everything for me,” Heechul announced. Sungmin raised an eyebrow.

“Doesn’t he already do that for you?” Sungmin asked, gesturing to Hankyung who had just walked back into the room, holding a glass of water for Heechul. The pretty male grinned.

“True, but he hasn’t been castrated yet,” Heechul smirked. Sungmin rolled his eyes. He turned back to Eeteuk who waved his hand at Heechul and Hankyung.

“Anyways, that’s not the point. The point is that Kyuhyun probably wouldn’t have done anything unless he had a good reason. And whatever that reason may be-” Eeteuk was cut off.

“But he cheated me, Teukie-umma!” Sungmin protested, his eyes narrowing. Eeteuk sighed. In the past seven months, Sungmin had become his old, cheerful and cute self again but now he had been transformed into a vengeful human being.

“Kyuhyun wouldn’t do something like this-” Eeteuk began.

“Well, if you want to get back at him, here’s what you have to do,” Heechul interrupted.

“Maybe this one time, it will be a nice plan,” Hankyung said hopefully.

Eeteuk rolled his eyes. Heechul’s plans were always scary. Of course they were, this was Heechul they were dealing with. Eeteuk only hoped that no one would die. Sungmin nodded at what Heechul was saying and a smile formed on his face. He walked into the washroom and Heechul’s eyes became bright with cunning.

Eeteuk was about to ask what sort of misfortune they would bring upon Kyuhyun but never got the chance. He was interrupted by a knock at the door. Being the closest, Eeteuk walked to the door and opened it.

“I need to see Sungmin.” Kyuhyun tried to get into the room.

“I’m sorry, he doesn’t have an appointment with you right now. You can’t see him. Goodbye,” Heechul rushed to the door and pushed Kyuhyun away before slamming the door shut. He pressed his ear to the door and listened to him babbling to Kangin about needing to see Sungmin and Kangin’s patient response of, “NO”.

“What happened?” Sungmin asked, coming out of the washroom. Heechul and Eeteuk smiled at him.

“Absolutely nothing,” Heechul replied. Sungmin shrugged and sat down. He was still seething slightly. The thought of Kyuhyun made him angry. He would have spent a whole day cursing Kyuhyun’s name if that didn’t make him feel half sick to his stomach.

Instead, he sat there and listened to Eeteuk talk about a bunch of random things. Heechul was brushing his hair and it made him feel better. At least he had his family. For the next few minutes, the three of them talked (well rather Heechul poured his opinions on them and they listened) until Eeteuk jumped up and gasped loudly.

“What is it, Teukie-umma?” Sungmin asked.

“We’re five minutes behind schedule! Heechul, hurry up! We have to leave!” Eeteuk motioned wildly. Heechul nodded.

“Hannie!” Heechul commanded, holding out his hand. A brush was placed into his palm.

“Hannie!” Heechul ordered again. This time a comb was put into his hand.

“Hannie! Hannie! Hannie! Hannie!” The name was repeated so many times that Sungmin vowed never to call Hankyung, ‘Hannie’, as long as he lived.

Heechul finished with Sungmin and beamed at his work.

“Kyuhyun will eat his heart out,” Heechul stated, satisfied. Sungmin felt afraid. What had Heechul done to him?

“That looks great,” Eeteuk said approvingly.

“I don’t know why we had to go to so much trouble. After all, it’s-”

“Yes, I like to think that Sungmin is my masterpiece. It’s a job well done right?” Heechul interrupted.

“I agree. That looks great. Go become a hairstylist,” Eeteuk complimented him.

“Thank you, umma. Now, Sungmin don’t you dare mess your hair up!” Heechul commanded.

“You really don’t want to. The last time he did my hair and I made it a mess, I nearly lost my life,” Hankyung explained.

“I’ll try not to. Thanks hyung!” Sungmin wrapped his arms around Eeteuk, Heechul and Hankyung, pulling them all into a group hug.

“We should go,” Eeteuk pointed to the clock.

“It serves him right if we’re late.”

“He’ll panic and turn the building upside down looking for you!” Heechul smiled.

“That’s why I’m agreeing to this. If it wasn’t such a nice place, I’d let Kyuhyun go on a rampage here. But I’m feeling happy,” Sungmin beamed.

“That’s good; you deserve to be happy after all that you’ve gone through. So smile!” Hankyung instructed.

Sungmin nodded.

“Alright, let’s get moving people. We don’t have all day!” Eeteuk motioned for the group to start moving. The four of them walked out of the room. Eeteuk had a firm grip on Sungmin’s arm as if he were afraid that the younger man would run away at the first opportunity.

“I’m not going to leave him you know,” Sungmin said softly, noticing the tense expression Eeteuk was wearing.

“I know you aren’t. But I know he thinks you are. And he’s terrified. So if we’re late, we’ll end up making him panic,” Eeteuk tugged him through a hallway and another door.

“I love him too much to do that,” Sungmin whispered.

“We’ll see you later. Don’t mess up your hair. I don’t want my labour wasted,” Heechul ordered.

“You’ll be fine,” Hankyung smiled. The two of them disappeared down another hallway.

“Come on. It’s time. We just made it,” Eeteuk smiled in relief. Sungmin took a deep breath. Behind this door were Kyuhyun and the answer for the injustice done to him. Eeteuk pushed open the door and the two of them walked forward.

Sungmin could see Kyuhyun at the end of the large room. His heart sped up. When Kyuhyun turned towards him, Sungmin’s throat closed when he saw the look of utter love and devotion in Kyuhyun’s dark eyes, he forgot his anger. Instead he started moving faster, leaving Eeteuk slightly behind.

He got to where Kyuhyun was standing and stared up at him. The younger male smiled and nobody had ever seen Kyuhyun smile like that. It was as though he had just discovered heaven and it was better than he had ever imagined.

Sungmin smiled shyly and his large doe eyes met Kyuhyun’s and he felt like he was about explode with happiness. He was about to pucker his lips and blow a little kiss to Kyuhyun when something white blew into his field of vision thanks to an open window. And his anger returned to him.

“We are gathered here today…” the preacher in front of the both of them began to talk, causing the attention to be drawn to him. Sungmin ignored the guy for the time being.

“I can’t believe you did this to me. Why did you betray me like this?” Sungmin demanded. Kyuhyun looked apologetic.

“I’m sorry, I had no choice. Did you want me to be dragged back home?” Kyuhyun responded. Sungmin glared at him.

“Is that supposed to make me feel guilty?” Sungmin hissed.

“No, I’m not. But I really am sorr-”

“I don’t care, Cho Kyuhyun! I feel so degraded right now!” Sungmin pouted and crossed his arms. Kyuhyun longed to hug him and make him feel better but he couldn’t.

“Their devotion to each other surpasses that of…..” the preacher continued.

“You made me look like a girl! I’m wearing a tiara…..thing…..a long frilly, lacy veil, these white gloves, makeup and lipgloss! I want to look manly! I hate it when I’m made to look like a girl!” Sungmin huffed.

“I’m so sorry, Minnie. But I had no choice. It was either that or lose you forever. My mom threatened to force me to marry the girl I was supposed to if you didn’t look like a girl. She wants to tell everyone that I had a pretty bride,” Kyuhyun explained. Sungmin’s eyes narrowed.

“So you’d choose what your mom wants over me? And what the hell is your mom doing here anyway? I thought she disowned you.”

“Sungmin, I would never willingly choose what anyone wants over what you want. I promise you that. My mom is here because she heard I was getting married and because I’m her only son, she wanted to be here, disregarding the discrepancies we’ve had in the past.”

“Through sickness and strife, disaster and trouble, they will remain faithful….” The preacher droned on.

“You didn’t have to go behind my back! This isn’t about clothing anymore, it’s about the fact that you went behind my back to do this. If you had explained the situation to me, I would have accepted it! I would have gotten something that you and I liked and then I wouldn’t have felt betrayed!” Sungmin retorted.

“I’m sorry, Sungmin.”

“You should be!” Sungmin turned his head to the preacher who was finally coming to a close in his speech.

“I’m really sorry,” Kyuhyun would continue to apologize endlessly for the rest of his life if Sungmin wanted it.

“Do you, Cho Kyuhyun, take Lee Sungmin…….” the preacher continued.

“Promise not to do anything like this again and actually talk to me?” Sungmin asked softly.

“…to be your lawfully wedded husband for as long as you both shall live?” The preacher finished.

“I do,” Kyuhyun said, responding to both questions at once. Sungmin smiled.

“Then do you, Lee Sungmin, take Cho Kyuhyun to be your-”

“I do,” Sungmin’s eyes went soft as he accepted Kyuhyun’s apology.

“If anyone has any reason at all to object to this matrimony, please bring those objections forwards.”

Sungmin listened with anticipation for any objections that might be flung their way. For a minute, there was only silence.

“I OBJECT!” The yell shattered the silence and a few of the guests covered their ears. Kyuhyun, who had expected his mother to object, was surprised. It wasn’t his mother at all. In fact, his mother had fallen asleep but the person who had yelled startled him out of his anger for his mother’s rudeness. It was Heechul who had screamed.

Eeteuk stared at Heechul in disbelief and tried to tug him down onto his chair. Heechul swatted his hands away and continued to stare at the front of the room. Hankyung put his head in his hands. Why, why, why was he subjected to be part of this? Well, at least he would be liked.

“On what grounds do you state this objection?” The preacher asked.

“Well,” Heechul began, a smirk breaking out on his face, “Sungmin has been subjected to the injustice of being forced to wear clothes he doesn’t want to wear. I don’t want him to be married to someone who forces him to wear clothes he doesn’t want to.”

It was his cue. Hankyung stood up and put a hand on Heechul’s shoulder.

“Kyuhyun sincerely apologizes for this and he will not do this to our Sungmin again,” Hankyung said. However, due to his accent, nobody understood what he was saying except for their friends.

“He better hold true to that promise,” Heechul grinned before sitting down. G-Dragon, who was sitting in the second row, had stuffed his program in his face to muffle his laughter. Seunghyun was coughing in order to disguise his laughter.

The rest of the guests had no idea what was going on except that the matter was resolved in a weird and confusing way. The preacher shrugged. He wasn’t going to interfere.

“If nobody else has any objections, I now pronounce you husband and husband,” the preacher said.

Sungmin turned to Kyuhyun and his lips were captured in Kyuhyun’s. He felt warmth spread through him and through his daze of love, he heard the congregation cheering loudly. Kyuhyun pressed a little harder and Sungmin kissed back eagerly, opening his mouth and allowing Kyuhyun entrance.

Seungri, Yesung, G-Dragon and Kangin were catcalling and letting out loud wolf whistles. Eeteuk had burst into happy tears and was hugging Ryeowook who was cheering wildly. The rings on Sungmin and Kyuhyun’s fingers now matched their friends’.

Taeyang gave them a standing ovation and Kibum was smiling wildly. Heechul was clapping, looking entirely proud of himself as the two of them walked down the aisle. Sungmin didn’t know if he could get any happier.

He broke the kiss with Kyuhyun and smiled at him.

“Did you have that objection planned from the start?” Kyuhyun asked, his breath brushing over Sungmin’s ear.

“I just had to be sure you really wouldn’t do something like that again,” Sungmin smiled sweetly.

~₪~₪~₪~₪~

Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun who smiled back. He took his husband’s hand and held onto him tightly.

“Close your eyes, Minnie. I want you to be surprised,” Kyuhyun whispered. Sungmin was confused but obeyed the command. He allowed himself to be led away.

“You should have used a blindfold,” Eunhyuk said. He was hit on the head by Heechul.

“Yah, let them do what they want!” Heechul stated. They followed the couple closely, waiting in anticipation to see the response to their efforts.

“Okay, open your eyes,” Kyuhyun murmured. He stepped away to let Sungmin see what his friends had done for him.

Sungmin’s eyelids fluttered and then opened. He gasped. In the venue where Hankyung worked (where Eeteuk and Ryeowook had also gotten married) a transformation had been brought about.

The tablecloths were a bright, clean white with vases of flowers consisting of the ones Kyuhyun used to confess to him. Leaning against those vases, a pink stuffed bunny rested on each table as the centerpiece. Sungmin felt happy tears start.

At the head table, a pink tablecloth covered the long table. A large white bunny was sitting at the edge of the table with a large ‘S’ embroidered on the stomach. He was surrounded by at least six dozen red roses. Sungmin laughed in delight and hugged Kyuhyun tightly.

“Thank you so much!” Sungmin wiped his tears.

“Congratulations on your marriage!” His friends yelled all around him. The reception began and Sungmin felt his heart grow with love for all of his friends and especially for Kyuhyun. He watched as the band began to play and Eunhyuk tugged Donghae onto the dance floor with him.

The two immediately began to dance and Eeteuk and Kangin joined them. Sungmin clapped witth amusement. He enjoyed the antics of his friends.

They paused when the doors of the reception hall opened and a cake was wheeled into the room. Shindong was pushing the cart and grinning widely. The cake itself was a masterpiece. It was five layers tall and little pink and white rabbits were made out of sugar and placed around each layer. Small butterflies spun from chocolate decorated the base.

Sungmin felt tears begin all over again and he thanked his friend countless times. Leave it to his friends to find him a truly superb baker. Kyuhyun handed him a rose and turned a vase slightly to show Sungmin words written on the side. Siwon’s Flower Emporium was written in silver letters.

Just then, Siwon himself walked into the hall bowed to Sungmin and Kyuhyun. Sungmin jumped up from the table and ran over to hug his two friends. He was so utterly happy he couldn’t express his happiness.

It touched him that his family would go to such lengths. He went back to Kyuhyun and kissed him softly.

“I love you, Kyu,” Sungmin whispered.

“I love you too, Minnie,” Kyuhyun responded. Sungmin smiled. He was ready for whatever life had to throw his way next. He had Kyuhyun. And that was all he needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment