FOLLOW ME ON:

Friday, May 28, 2010

Chapter 8 When Life Repays You

Disclaimer: This fanfic is not mine, it's from the author I admire most, http://cosmic-celestia.livejournal.com/5064.html. Thanks for this wonderfl fanfic. I copied and pasted it here in my blog so it is easier to load on my iPhone, because my iPhone reallly hates WiFi.

---

When Life Repays You

Sungmin breathed out and released Kyuhyun. The younger male was staring at him, half in shock and half in concern.

“Please don’t cry. You’ve had more than your fair share of tears,” Kyuhyun said, wiping away the droplets of water that cascaded down Sungmin’s face. Sungmin leaned into the touch and breathed in shakily.

“Kyuhyun, please understand. I want you to be safe from him. If that means giving up my safety to protect you, then I would do it gladly,” Sungmin whispered. Kyuhyun looked at him, quite surprised.

“Why would you do that? We’ve known each other for such a short time,” Kyuhyun murmured. Sungmin shrugged.

“Why would you care about me? You’ve known me for the same length of time,” Sungmin replied. Kyuhyun laughed weakly.

“You win. But I’m not letting you go back there,” Kyuhyun repeated firmly, staring into Sungmin’s large, cute eyes. His hyung stared back, not blinking, entranced by the feeling between them.

“You have to. He’ll find me. Once, I did try to leave,” Sungmin looked down resignedly. Kyuhyun put his hand under Sungmin’s chin and tilted his head upwards.

“What happened?” Kyuhyun asked, not certain that he wanted to know the answer. Sungmin looked at him for a minute, calculatingly.

“Remember when I told you that he gave me the worst beating I ever had after he caught me talking to one of my friends on the phone? It was after that particular time when he hit me. He beat me within an inch of my life. For three weeks I couldn’t move. He had some woman on the other side of the park send over medicine. I wanted to leave after that.

“One night, I left the house and I walked to a hotel. I stayed there for a couple of days but he found me through his contacts and took me back. He told me that no one would ever want to care of someone like me because I abandoned him. And sometimes, I wonder if he’s right,” Sungmin said this last bit so quietly that Kyuhyun had to strain to hear him.

“Sungmin….”

“Sometimes I wonder how you can stand to touch me,” Sungmin mumbled but Kyuhyun caught his words.

“It’s easy. I just touch you,” Kyuhyun said, reaching his hand out and placing it gently on his hyung’s head. He vaguely noted that his Sungmin didn’t shy away.

“It’s just hard to understand when you’ve been told that no one would do something like that. It’s also hard when you’ve been told you’ll find no one as kind as he to take care of you.”

“You’ll find lots of people more caring in this world. What I don’t understand is why you want to go back to him.”

“For the past three years, he’s taken me apart and learned everything about me. He can use everything to his advantage. I’ve lost the will to try and stay away. He just keeps taking me back. So if I go back of my own accord, it’s my choice,” Sungmin replied. Kyuhyun stared at him.

“It’s late. We should sleep. We’ll decide what to do tomorrow morning, hm?” Kyuhyun suggested, slightly desperately. Sungmin nodded. Kyuhyun took his hand and led him down the hall. He was walking in front of the elder so he didn’t see that Sungmin was blushing bright pink.

The two entered the office where Sungmin’s now official bed was. Kyuhyun was about to out to pull down the blankets when Sungmin pulled his arm back. He turned to face his hyung questioningly.

“This…may sound weird…but…..can…..can I sleep with you?” Sungmin asked, his face now a deep shade of red. Kyuhyun smiled slightly.

“I don’t mind,” Kyuhyun replied and led him to his room. The many plants that dotted the shelves seemed to grow more vibrant as soon as the two of them stepped into the room. Sungmin suddenly felt extremely nervous and yet, calmed by the presence of Kyuhyun.

“Here,” Kyuhyun tossed a pair of blue and green pyjamas to his hyung. Sungmin caught the clothes and held them up.

“You don’t have to lend me anything. I’ll just sleep in what I’m wearing,” he protested, trying to give the garments back.

“I want to. I want you to be comfortable,” Kyuhyun smiled. Sungmin felt warm all over.

“Thank you,” he murmured.

“You can change in the washroom.”

Sungmin walked into the bathroom and quickly changed his clothes. The scent of Kyuhyun filled his senses. He blushed a bit, feeling his heart beat faster as he walked out. Kyuhyun turned to him, already changed into his own black and white pyjamas. The grin that spread across Kyuhyun’s face as he gazed at him made Sungmin smile shyly back, a fuzzy feeling spreading through him.

“Come on, it’s getting late. We should sleep,” Kyuhyun said, pulling back the covers of his bed. Sungmin’s cheek turned pink but he moved forwards and climbed into the soft bed. He felt the bed dip as Kyuhyun crawled in with him. He turned to face the younger, his heart beating faster and his skin heating up. Kyuhyun was also looking at him, a kind, caring look in his eyes.

Kyuhyun raised his arm and without thinking about it, Sungmin rolled over and into Kyuhyun’s embrace. He that same sense of security as Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around his waist. His heart sped up and his breath caught in this throat as Kyuhyun pressed a gentle kiss to the base of his neck.

“Goodnight, Sungmin,” Kyuhyun murmured tiredly, hot air blowing against Sungmin’s neck. He shivered involuntarily.

“Goodnight….Kyuhyun,” Sungmin whispered back. He snuggled into Kyuhyun’s embrace, complete exhaustion taking over. You were wrong, Jiwon. There are people who do care. I’ve found one of them.

~₪~₪~₪~₪~

Jiyong marched downstairs early in the morning and found Seunghyun sitting in the kitchen, staring into space. He quietly snuck behind his fiancé and prepared himself.

“RAAAAWR!” Jiyong jumped on top of Seunghyun and hugged him tightly.

“Good morning, Jiyongie,” Seunghyun smiled.

“I was up half the night wondering what Jiwon had done to Sungmin,” Jiyong immediately started into his speech. “It’s just too odd, him not bringing Sungmin to the party. He either really was sick, though I highly doubt it, he was injured to a point that would be hard to explain or he’s tied up somewhere. Are you listening to me?”

“I haven’t got a choice,” Seunghyun ducked a blow to his head. “It’s just, I can see them there, Kyuhyun and Sungmin. While the three of you were distracted by Jiwon, I was watching Kyuhyun. He looked like he wanted nothing better than to take Sungmin and run away with him. It was the worst thing I have seen since I saw you getting tortured by Haejin.”

“Kyuhyun really loves him doesn’t he?” Jiyong murmured.

“Whether he knows it or not is a different story. But I think everything will work out for them. Kyuhyun won’t let him go without a fight,” Seunghyun said thoughtfully.

“Even so, I want to know why Sungmin wasn’t at the party yesterday. And I will find out. I’m going to make a point of it.”

~₪~₪~₪~₪~

Eeteuk fell backwards onto the sofa and stared at the ceiling. Kangin came and sat down beside him, paying with Eeteuk’s hair.

“What are we going to do today, Teukie-umma?” Ryeowook asked.

“I wanted to try to find Sungmin’s phone number. Then maybe I could talk to him,” Eeteuk sighed.

“We’ve tried that already,” Kangin replied.

“Yeah, he’s not listed in the phonebook,” Heechul answered.

“Well we could find the number,” Hankyung said thoughtfully. Eeteuk sat up and looked at him hopefully.

“Really?”

“Yeah! I don’t know why we didn’t think of this earlier!” Hankyung exclaimed. He immediately turned to the phone and dialled Eunhyuk’s number. Yesung looked quizzically at him.

“Yoboseyo?’

“Hello, Eunhyuk?”

“Ah, Hankyung-hyung! What’s up?”

“Did Sungmin call you by your cellphone or your house phone?”

“You mean two years ago? He called me on my cellphone. I was at home though.”

“Great! Come over here immediately!”

“Donghae and I will be over in a few minutes.”

“It pays to have friends who live two minutes away,” Ryeowook smiled.

“What is this all about?” Eeteuk asked.

“The number should be stored on Eunhyuk’s phone.”

“After two years?”

“Doesn’t he always save his numbers?” Hankyung asked knowingly. Yesung nodded, half hopefully, half doubtfully.

“I hope they’ll be there.”

Eunhyuk and Donghae burst into the house and ran into the living room. Yesung grabbed Eunhyuk’s phone and tossed it to Hankyung. The Chinese man caught it and flipped the phone open. He immediately began scrolling through Eunhyuk’s list of saved numbers.

“Holy shit, how many people’s numbers have you saved?” Yesung asked, staring at the list of 657 saved numbers.

“Language, Yesung-sshi,” Eeteuk reprimanded him.

“Sorry, umma.”

“I just save whoever calls me unless I’ve already saved them. I may need those numbers one day.”

“CHUNG JIWON!” Hankyung crowed, holding up the phone. Eeteuk snatched the device and pressed Call. The phone on the other line rang. And rang. And rang. And rang some more.

Hello. You’ve reached the answering machine of Chung Jiwon. I’m not here right now. Please leave a message after the chime and I will get back to you as soon as I am able. Have a wonderful day.

A cheerful chorus of chimes sounded.

“Hi, this is Eeteuk. I’m a friend of Sungmin’s. I wanted to make sure that he was okay. Sungmin, if you’re there, know that we all miss you and we would like to see you again. Let’s meet up sometime, okay?”

“I miss you, Sungmin-ah!” Yesung called from behind Eeteuk’s shoulder.

“I miss you too, Minnie-hyung!” Eunhyuk and Donghae shouted at the same time.

“Heechul says hi and Hannie also says he misses you! And I guess I do too,” Heechul screeched.

“We’ll see you soon, okay? Three years is a long time, Minnie-hyung,” Ryeowook half giggled, half talked into the phone.

“Your appa and I miss you,” Eeteuk choked out. He was beginning to cry. Kangin took the phone from him.

“Kangin-appa here, Teukie-umma has been indisposed for a moment. We really miss you Sungminnie. Call us back, okay? Bye, Sungminnie,” Kangin shut the phone. “Shh, Teukie. It’s alright, it’s alright.”

“We were so close to talking to him,” Eeteuk gasped through his tears.

“He’ll call us back. Sungmin-hyung is like that,” Ryeowook smiled.

~₪~₪~₪~₪~

The house was quiet. Sungmin was gone and Jiwon was steaming mad. Hadn’t he cared for Sungmin all this time?! How dare the little shit leave like this? He was going to pay for it.

A red light flashed twice every five seconds on the answering machine. Jiwon walked over to it and pressed the play button. He prayed it would be something important. He didn’t have patience to listen to random people babbling about selling goods.

Hi, this is Eeteuk. I’m a friend of Sungmin’s. I wanted to make sure he was okay. Sungmin, if you’re there, know that we all miss you and we would like to see you again. Let’s meet up sometime okay?

I miss you Sungmin-ah!

I miss you too, Minnie-hyung!

Heechul says hi and Hannie says he misses you. And I guess I do too.

Your appa and I miss you…

Kangin-appa here. Teukie-umma has been indisposed for a moment. We really miss you Sungminnie. Call us back, okay? Bye, Sungminnie.

Fists clenched tightly. Jiwon pressed the delete button so hard, he knocked the machine off the table it rested on. He walked into the kitchen and spotted his meal there. It sickened him. He noticed pieces of paper lying on the floor and picked one up.

Punishment. That will come….the rest is ripped off. What is….oh….Jiwon crushed the paper in his hand. He walked over to the phone and picked it up angrily. He punched in a number and then waited as the phone rang. He would not be made a fool of.

“Hello. You remember me. I need a favour,” Jiwon smirked. It’s time you remember your place, Sungmin.

~₪~₪~₪~₪~

Sungmin woke up feeling warm and safe. He smiled as he remembered the events of last night. He yawned and opened his eyes. For a second he panicked, thinking he had gone blind. Then he realized that it was just Kyuhyun’s pyjamas.

Kyuhyun’s…? Oh, right….I slept with him….A blush spread across his cheeks. He tried to move but become conscious of the fact that there were two arms, hugging him, holding him in place. They had changed position during the night.

His head was tucked under Kyuhyun’s chin and his arm was hanging loosely around Kyuhyun’s waist. Both of Kyuhyun’s arms were around him, holding him protectively. Sungmin smiled at this. He snuggled closer, not understanding why but feeling that he must, not knowing his very soul longed to be nearer.

“Morning, Minnie,” a gentle voice came from above him. Sungmin felt his face grow warm and he pulled back slightly and looked up at Kyuhyun, who was smiling sleepily at him.

“Good-good morning,” Sungmin replied. Kyuhyun bent down and kissed him lightly on the forehead. Sungmin’s heart jumped and started beating faster.

“Aish…what time is it? 9:39, ah damn it. I need to be at work in ten minutes. I’ll make breakfast for you,” Kyuhyun reluctantly released Sungmin and sat up, rubbing his eyes. Sungmin reached out and placed a hand on his arm.

“I’ll make breakfast for you, Kyuhyunnie. I don’t need to be anywhere,” Sungmin smiled and slipped out of bed. He walked to the kitchen when he realized that he had no idea what Kyuhyun liked to eat. Then again, Kyuhyun hadn’t had any idea of what Sungmin liked to eat either. The latter just decided on waffles. Everyone likes waffles.

Five minutes later, he had made nice, fluffy waffles. The only breakfast food that Jiwon didn’t like. Sungmin couldn’t understand why. But he was more than willing to make them for Kyuhyun. The younger male walked into the kitchen and grinned as soon as he saw Sungmin standing there, holding a platter of waffles.

“How did you know what I liked?” Kyuhyun asked. Sungmin shrugged shyly and held them out.

“I just guessed.”

The two of them sat down to eat together, smiling self-consciously at each other, not sure about the feelings that were running through them. Kyuhyun couldn’t help but smile his Sungmin who looked so adorable eating waffles.

“You are an amazing cook. You should make those again for me sometime,” Kyuhyun smiled.

“I will,” Sungmin promised.

“I wish I could stay with you, but I have to leave for work. I’ll be back at four, okay?”

Sungmin nodded. He walked Kyuhyun to the door, shifting nervously from foot to foot. Kyuhyun moved forwards and kissed Sungmin’s forehead again. The same, familiar warmth spread through Sungmin. Kyuhyun opened the door and grabbed his keys.

“Wait….” Sungmin said quietly. Kyuhyun turned to him and cocked his head. His hyung came towards him, looking slightly nervous. He felt his heart stop as Sungmin paused, inches away from him. There was a moment of complete silence and Sungmin was sure Kyuhyun could hear his heart beating loudly.

He smiled slightly, closed his eyes and placed his mouth on Kyuhyun’s. He felt his world turn and spin. The sparks that flew down his spine sent emotion running through his body. He felt Kyuhyun respond and the connection between them ignited and grew stronger.

Kyuhyun felt as though heaven itself had found him. The sweet, addictive taste of Sungmin caused him to crave more of it. More and more and more. He leaned into the kiss, craving ever more of Sungmin. And finally, Kyuhyun understood what he was feeling.

Sungmin pulled back, panting slightly and flushed. Kyuhyun opened his eyes slowly, a hazy look in his dark eyes.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have-”

“Don’t be. Please, don’t be sorry for that,” Kyuhyun smiled. “Maybe I wanted it too,” he added in an undertone. Sungmin smiled.

“Have a good day at work.”

“I will. I’ll see you later, Sungmin-hyung,” Kyuhyun murmured. Sungmin nodded. Kyuhyun walked out the door and closed it behind him. He sank against the firm wood and touched his hand to his mouth. Am I in love with you, Sungmin?

~₪~₪~₪~₪~

Back inside, Sungmin felt stunned at what he had done. He stared at the door for a good half hour, trying to sort out his feelings. He swallowed. What have you done to me, Kyuhyun? What have you made me feel?

Sungmin walked back to Kyuhyun’s room to retrieve his clothes. As he did so, he caught sight of himself in the mirror. Three long scratches were on the side of his neck, healing rapidly. Sungmin traced them.Jiwon will never let me go. I’m sorry Kyuhyun.

Sungmin changed quickly and took one look around the apartment. He scribbled a note and placed it on the kitchen counter. This place felt like home but it felt even more so when Kyuhyun was there with him. He bit his lip, debating. His expression became determined. I will protect you, no matter what the cost.

Sungmin walked out of the apartment and shut the door. He ran from the building, ignoring the pain that shot through his body. He still wasn’t completely recovered but he didn’t care. Tears fell from his eyes as he continued to run. He cut through the park and ran three blocks before stopping, breathing heavily.

He looked up and turned towards his house. The sunlight shone its rays through the trees and lit up the path. Sungmin smiled as a breeze blew his hair over his eyes. A rumble sounded from overhead and Sungmin looked up to see clouds covering the sun. He quickly ran into Jiwon’s house before the rain started. He watched the raindrops fall from the sky as he rested under the roof that covered the porch. He opened the door and walked inside.

“Welcome back, Sungmin.”

Sungmin raised his head.

“Jiwon? Where are you?” Sungmin called, his voice shaking slightly.

“In the living room.”

Sungmin felt the strangest sense of calm before the foreboding that followed he walked into the living room and found Jiwon sitting there, staring at him evenly.

“Hello, Jiwon-hyung,” Sungmin whispered. Jiwon smiled.

“Welcome back. I took the liberty of arranging a welcome home present for you,” Jiwon said, a strange light coming into his eyes.

“What is it?” Sungmin asked apprehensively. Jiwon raised his hand. Suddenly, the room was filled with five tall, muscular men. Sungmin looked around.

“Remember your punishment? These boys have been deprived of two things. Sex and violence. And you will be the perfect outlet,” Jiwon laughed, a chilling, demented sound.

“You’re…you’re not serious?!” Sungmin gasped. This was major, even for Jiwon. His boyfriend shook his head. The five men moved towards Sungmin and Jiwon grinned crazily.

~₪~₪~₪~₪~₪~

No comments:

Post a Comment